Wednesday 5 December 2012

Review: Foundations

Hi!

These past 6 months, I have been using 4 different brands / types of foundation (yeah, 4!), depending on the occasion and time of day.

I always put on some kind of foundation / lighter base + concealer before heading out (unless I'm going to the beach - yeah, I'm that confident - hah.).


My choice of foundations:




#1 Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector in Light/Medium:

This BB Cream has been my everyday base for I think the last 2 months, I use it instead of a foundation. It has very light coverage but I don't like anything heavier for day makeup. I like how it feels very light and that you can apply it using just your fingers without getting any streaks.

I have to set it with a clear powder because it has moisturizer in it + my t-zone is horribly oily. I know that Garnier has a BB cream for oily skins - I must buy that one next and see  if it's better.

Anyway, the only negative comment on this is that there are only 2 different shades (light/medium and medium/dark).







#2 Coverderm Perfect Face in Shade 2:

I only use this one at night because it has such full coverage. The writing on the packaging boasts that it is waterproof, SPF 20, and it lasts 24 hours. Well, it does what it says. I have never had it on for more than 10 hours (unless when (cringe!) I'm tipsy and don't feel like taking it off before I sleep after a night out...).

You must use only a tiny teeny amount or else you will look like a cake - but on a positive note one tube will last you ages. You also get a make up sponge with the foundation.

Apply using a damp sponge or else with a trusty foundation brush (and blend REALLY well).

P.s - this is so thick that it can also be used as a concealer





#3 Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation in 100/Ivory:

Previously this was my preferred foundation to use for day time makeup. It has medium coverage and goes on nicely, but it never lasts for more than 10 hours (even though it states that it is a 25 hour foundation....have you never heard of a 25 hour day before?).

It does have a lightweight feel which I really like in foundations and you could also apply it just by using your fingers - which is what I normally do.




#4 Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Foundation in 30/Sand:

I really like Maybelline foundations for some reason. This one also is SPF 19 so it's great to use during Summer (the packaging states that "resiste a caldo e sudore" - it is sweat resisting).

It also has micro-flex formula: this foundation shouldn't transfer once you apply and set it.

I use this foundation during summer when it's so hot your insides feel like they are being slow roasted.




Love,

Lorraine
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about foundations :) a very helpful post thank you! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks ^.^ yeah - I love foundations, but sometimes it is difficult finding the right one for you! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments, and will try my utmost to reply to each and every one of you <3 So, go ahead and leave a comment =^.^=