Friday 28 February 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in #225 'Sultry' [Review]


Dear readers,

As soon as I first locked eyes with the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms, I just knew I had to have them. The Colorbursts come in 2 versions: matte and lacquers.

I got mine when they were still not available in Europe from **here**.

If I'm not mistaken there are 10 shades to choose from, and I got #225 Sultry, since I love Dustry/Old Rose shades.

By now I believe they are widely available [also in Boots] but I don't think that they have been stocked up in Malta yet, boo [and nothing surprising there].




The packaging is one which has become widely used by now; Elf, MUA, and loads of other brands have launched similar lip products.

These are really similar to the Just Bitten Balm Stains also by Revlon - check them out here- they also have the same peppermint smell.

This shade has a slight brownish undertone.

I've read on some other blogs that these matte balms are really drying, but for some reason I believe they're really hydrating on my lips [and I do have dry ones] [these do have shea, mango and coconut butter in the formula so that explains].

Even though these go by the name of 'matte balms', it's not a good idea to use these as a lipbalm when your lips are chapped, so make sure to apply some balm before using them since they are matte and therefore more drying. 

They feel really velvety and smooth, and these have super duper pigmentation. 

You can 2.7grms worth of product in a twist up 'lip crayon' - so no need to grab a sharpener!




Another thing which I read from other bloggers is that these only last about 2 hours before they need to re-apply, but on me this lasts more than 4 hours even after eating/drinking.

When it does fade, it does so gradually so you aren't left with a 'lip-liner' kind of look.





Will you try the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms out?

Love,

Lorraine
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I have this, in the same shade :) It only lasts for some 2/3 hours on me but at least I'm not left with a lip-liner effect, but rather a stain on my lips, which I don't mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this shade and I can't wait for these to be locally available to get my hands on a couple of other shades. I wonder about the longevity thing - did you get yours from Europe or US?

      Delete
  2. Oooooh pretty color! Reminds me of one of the ELF $1 lipsticks :)

    FMWL---See my latest review of vegan, cruelty-free brushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to check the Elf ones out
      xx

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments, and will try my utmost to reply to each and every one of you <3 So, go ahead and leave a comment =^.^=